Hello Beauties Over the holidays I got some wonderful new books and (lucky me) Style Me Pretty Weddings: Inspiration and Ideas for an Unforgettable Wedding by Abby Larson was gifted to me by my sweet boyfriend. As soon as I … Continue reading
Hello Beauties It is engagement season and there is always a lot of chatter about the latest engagement ring styles this time of year. In the past, the cushion cut was most coveted, then we saw the pave halo make … Continue reading
Hello Beauties Labor Day has come and gone meaning that Summer is unofficially over but, thankfully, I live in Southern California and the weather is warm year round. The best weather for a beach wedding is often in late September … Continue reading
Hello Beauties Choosing the perfect flowers for your wedding or special event can be a fun, creative process. The floral budget can quickly sky-rocket if you have your heart set on flowers that are rare or out of season. Choosing … Continue reading
Brides magazine recently underwent a modern transformation. There is a subtle change in the font on the front cover and the layouts look so much fresher. Brides website is also a hot spot for beautiful wedding inspiration with the same new look as the magazine.
Each month a new inspiration board is featured and I was so excited to see this month’s inspiration Hollywood Glamour in Cannes. Cote de Azure is the most unpretentious, glamorous place I have ever been on Earth and I love the idea of using that as inspiration for your wedding day.
Using a palette of vibrant orange, pink and green is a nod to the Art Deco style of the 1950′s, when the Cannes Film Festival was the place to launch a young starlets’ career. Use the photos as an inspiration for your wedding day, your bridal shower or even your engagement party.
Long layers with wispy bangs inspired by Bridget Bardot will make any bride feel like a sexy, little minx without offending any of her guests. This style is wonderful for warm and humid weather because it will just get better as time goes by. You want it to look a little messy for an effortless look.
If you would like to try out the voluminous look on your own, there are just a few steps to remember.
- First, Starting at your forehead hairline, take a two-inch section of your hair. Flip that forward to work on later.
- Next grab the section of hair right behind the first section. Hold it straight up and lightly mist with hairspray. I use Tresseme (green and black bottle).
- Now, take a teasing brush, teasing comb, or hairbrush and start brushing your hair toward your scalp.
- Keep teasing sections of hair. Don’t be afraid to get it big, it will get reduced as time goes on.
- Now flip back the original section (it should still be smooth). Start to lightly brush the top layer over the teased sections, shaping as you go around your head.
- Shake your head while it is upside down to get the stiffness out. You want it to look tousled and imperfect.
- At this point you can leave it down, put it half-up with a clip or do a side braid.
Are you inspired by Bridget Bardot’s effortless and sexy style?
The New York City International Bridal Week was held this past weekend (April 14-16) and the top bridal designers showcased their new wedding gown designs for the Spring 2013 season.
For her Spring 2013 collection, Vera Wang took inspiration from the Chinese tradition of a bride wearing bright red on their wedding day. Red is said to bring prosperity and luck to the happy couple. Any woman wearing a Vera Wang gown on her wedding day is already a lucky lady! For those bride’s that are a little less daring, all of the bridal gown’s shown are also available in white and various off white shades.
All photos can be found on Wedding Inspirasi. This is one of my favorite sites to see all of the latest Bridal Gown collections.