Hello Beauties Memorial Day weekend has come and gone and Summer is right around the corner. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves while spending time with loved ones, grilling and most importantly remembering the heroes that make sacrifices for our country. … Continue reading
Every event should have a favor for the guests to take with them as a thank you for making the party enjoyable. It can be a simple handwritten note at their place-setting or (my favorite) a delicious snack to savor on the ride home.
My favorite favors are edible and my absolute favorite of all is a box of colorful and delicious macaroons (or macaron in French). The crispy shell and the flavorful center are just magical in flavors like, raspberry, pistachio or even rose. These delightful, almond based cookies originated in France but can now be purchased at many local bakeries. My favorite shop, ‘lette (formerly Paulette’s) even offers overnight shipping.
The chic cookie has a long history but for me the story begins in France, in a little bakery called, Laduree. This world-famous bakery was founded in 1862 and continues to bake fresh Macarons in their shop each morning. The shop celebrates each season with a new and exciting flavor combination, this season is Strawberry Candy.
There are so many colors available that it should quite easy to choose cookies in your color palette as guest favors. I love wrapping them in a clear bag or box so that you can admire them before ripping the package open and devouring.
Another option is having a buffet of macaroons so that the guest can try a lot of different flavors before choosing their own favorite. These cookies are a crowd pleaser and would be wonderful favors at weddings, showers and birthday parties!
Have you ever had a Macaroon (Macaron)? What are your favorite flavors? Is the Macaroon the new “It Dessert”?
Reading has been my favorite hobby since I was a small child. My mother would read to me every night and as I got older I continued to read every day. I remember going to Target after school to get the latest Goosebumps, then stay up all night long with a little book lamp just to talk about it the next day with my girlfriends. To me, reading was better then watching a movie because I got to decide how the actors would sound, what costumes they wore and create the scenery of the story. (I wanted to be the producer, director, writer and actor of every story in my head)
I know my love of reading was nurtured at a very young age so I thought a Build a Library Baby Shower would be the perfect way to share that love of reading with my future baby . (Yes, I sit around and dream about parties that I may/ or may not have in the future.) There is really great inspiration out there for a Library Shower, with my favorite on Amelie’s House. She originally published the story for her child’s birthday party but so many of the elements could work for a baby shower, as well.
I would have the guest’s sign the inside cover of a children’s book to act as the guest book. It would be even more special if it was a book the mother read as a child. An engraved bookmark would make a great favor as well. What were your favorite books as a child? Do you have any other ideas for a Build a Library Baby Shower? I would love to hear your thoughts!
I am so excited to announce my very first Giveaway!! Yes that’s right, you have the chance to win a Customized Banner in any color, shape, theme that you want. I love creating handmade, paper banners for all of my events and I will create a custom banner for one lucky reader. You can use the banners as decor in a child’s room, in your classroom if you are a teacher, in wedding pictures, as a decor element at your next party or as seasonal decor in your home!!
All you have to do is Subscribe (just enter in your email address on the right), then leave a comment on what type of banner you would like if you won. For extra entries Like MLM Worldwide on Facebook, Follow me on Twitter and/ or Follow me on Pintrest. ALSO, if you are a teacher you will automatically get an extra entry, just leave a seperate comment advising that you are a teacher.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Subscribe to MLM Worldwide Event Planning Blog- Then leave a comment advising what type of banner you would choose with your email address
- Like MLM Worldwide on Facebook -Then leave a comment
- Follow MLM Worldwide on Twitter and give a shout out to @MLM_Worldwide letting everyone know about this giveaway- Then leave a comment with your email address
- Follow me on Pintrest- Then leave a comment with your email address
- You are a Teacher- Leave a comment
So, in other words each comment will count as an entry. There are 5 potential entries per person. Be sure to leave an email address so I can contact you if you win. I will randomly choose a winner on Monday April 9, 2012!
Wonderful examples of Banners on Pinterest
I can create anything you can imagine!
The months leading up to the wedding day are filled with parties to honor the Bride To Be and I have created a list of 5 modern gifts to shower her with.
5. The new Monogram- Forget towels or pillow cases the MLM Bachelorette wants a Monogrammed iPhone case. You can personalize the style of monogram and colors to match her personality!
I am loving the selection at Lipstick Shades!
4. Coffee Table Book of their Honeymoon Destination- Just imagine a huge, glossy picture book capturing the most beautiful scenes from your honeymoon.. what could be better?
3. Maid Service- Let’s be honest, who wouldn’t want to relax in a spotless house without lifting a finger. Do your friend a solid and get her a few sessions from Molly Maids
2. Couples Date Night package- I love the idea of each girl at the party giving one date night package to make up a whole year’s worth of pre-planned dates. Maybe include movie tickets and a gift card for a local restaurant or session at the nearest Color Me Mine. How about a couples cooking classes or even a
tour of a Micro Brewery.
1. Wine of the Month Club- Now this is the gift that keeps on giving. Every month a new and different bottle of wine is delivered right to the couple’s door. It will encourage them to relax and unwind together while thinking back on their wedding day.