Long layers with wispy bangs inspired by Bridget Bardot will make any bride feel like a sexy, little minx without offending any of her guests. This style is wonderful for warm and humid weather because it will just get better as time goes by. You want it to look a little messy for an effortless look.
Chic low bun with volume
If you would like to try out the voluminous look on your own, there are just a few steps to remember.
- First, Starting at your forehead hairline, take a two-inch section of your hair. Flip that forward to work on later.
- Next grab the section of hair right behind the first section. Hold it straight up and lightly mist with hairspray. I use Tresseme (green and black bottle).
- Now, take a teasing brush, teasing comb, or hairbrush and start brushing your hair toward your scalp.
- Keep teasing sections of hair. Don’t be afraid to get it big, it will get reduced as time goes on.
- Now flip back the original section (it should still be smooth). Start to lightly brush the top layer over the teased sections, shaping as you go around your head.
- Shake your head while it is upside down to get the stiffness out. You want it to look tousled and imperfect.
- At this point you can leave it down, put it half-up with a clip or do a side braid.
Half-up Style that will get sexier as the night goes on
Face framing layers are soft and romantic
A thick side braid is a Modern style
Epitome of Sexy, Effortless Style
Are you inspired by Bridget Bardot’s effortless and sexy style?
The best bridal hair is soft and natural. If you normally wear your hair down, then wear it down in loose waves or pulled back on one side. You will feel most comfortable, meaning you will look most beautiful. If you normally wear your hair pulled back in a low ponytail, then a soft chignon with texture will look luxurious and modern. A jeweled comb or flower clip would easily work with both hairstyles and is easy to reposition during the night, if needed. It is a separate piece from the veil so you can still keep that bit of magic on during the reception.
Below are my favorite jeweled combs from various Etsy
artists. Once you enter the website search for bridal hair, bridal combs, jewel combs and a massive selection will be at your finger tips.
Another option for a more organic look is a faux flower hair comb. They are soft and romantic, without worry of wilting as the night goes on. Plus, it makes a very special keepsake. I love the assortment at Amy’s Bridal Accessories
. All of the hair combs are hand made with fine silk fabric, luxurious goose feathers and magical pieces of vintage lace. Their jewelry is spectacular as well.
(clockwise from top left: $165, $105, $115, $172)
Will you wear a hair comb? Do you prefer the Jeweled Combs or the Flower Clips?
For more Bridal Hair Inspiration Follow me on Pinterest!